If you would like to volunteer to help out at Folk Weekend or Folk Arts Oxford events, then sign up to one of the Volunteer Mailing lists using the subscription box on the right (or below if you're viewing this on a mobile device). We will then email you with any opportunities as they become available, and you can let us know if there are any you'd like to put yourself forward for.
There are two options for you to consider:
- If you are only interested in volunteering at the 2020 festival then put a tick next to Festival stewards 2020 in the sign up box.
- If you are interested in hearing about ongoing opportunies, for example at future festivals, other FAO events, and other events FAO is co-promoting or helping with, then put a tick next to FAO Event Volunteers in the sign up box.
Volunteering opportunities will look a bit like this:
Venue: St Aldates Tavern
Date: Sat 18th April
Event: Gilmore & Roberts concert
Duties: Help to set up room for concert, check tickets on the door, assist as required during concert. It is not anticipated you will be needed much (if at all) during the performance itself so you will be free to enjoy the show!
Venue: St Barnabas Church
Date: Sat 18th April
Time: one hour shift between 6pm-11pm
Event: Ceilidh with 3sticks
Duties: We need people to volunteer for a one hour shift to help out at the ceilidh. The main duty is checking tickets and manning the door during the event, and we would also ask that as many people as possible stay to help us put the church back in order after the ceilidh has finished. You will have free entry to the ceilidh so whenever you are not on shift you will be able to enjoy the dancing. Please let us know if you have any time restrictions or are not able to help with activities such as moving chairs.
Signing up to either mailing list doesn't place you under any obligation to put yourself forward for any events, but if you do agree to help out at an event we would expect you to fulfil that committment, or let us know in advance if you know you're not going to be able to.
If you like the look of any particular opportunity then simply reply to the email saying what you'd like to put yourself forward for. If particular opportunities are oversubscribed then we will do our best to allocate places in a fair way. We would also be pleased to hear from people who would be happy to be 'on call' during the festival weekend, if anything comes up at the last minute.
Terms and FAQs:
- Volunteers must be over 18 years of age.
- We will sometimes be running events at other times of year, or working with our festival partners to help them out with their events. If you'd be interested in hearing about volunteering opportunities throughout the year (or for future festivals) then please select the FAO Event Volunteers mailing list. If you are only interested in hearing about opportunities in Folk Weekend 2020 then please select the Festival stewards 2020 mailing list.
- The 2020 mailing list will be deleted after the festival; however the FAO Event Volunteers mailing list will remain active unless you choose to unsubscribe from it.
- There's no need to sign up to both mailing lists - festival volunteering opportunities will be sent to both lists.
- You will never be contacted by anyone outside of Folk Arts Oxford Ltd, and we will not pass on your details to any of our partners or third parties. We will only contact you when we are directly involved in promoting an event and have spaces for volunteers to help out - this is not a subscription to our general mailing list.
- Any volunteering opportunity and related reward offered (whether during Folk Weekend or at an outside event) should be treated as self-contained and limited to that one event unless otherwise stated. Please note there are no season tickets available for Folk Weekend under the new model, so stewards are not able to claim a free season ticket for the whole festival and should volunteer for events that you would like to support.
- We reserve the right to remove volunteers from our mailing list for any reason; particularly if you do not show up for an opporutnity that you have committed to, or if your conduct during volunteering is inappropriate.